Last day of enrollment is july 10th. Our class has reached its Capacity. We are no longer accepting enrollments.
JULY 12 - AUGUST 16 (every Thursday) from 11AM - 2PM | FASHION SHOW FINALE in August
Little Fashionistas (Ages 8-12) 11AM - 12PM
Girlpreneurs (Ages 13-18) 1PM - 2PM
CLASS LOCATION: PROMO COURT
(courtyard lower level, across from Sears)
ABOUT CLASS INSTRUCTOR, APRIL CLARK
Summer of Style was created by fashion stylist & entrepreneur April Clark (www.whatwouldaprilwear.com) . With over 10 years of fashion and beauty business experience, April is equipped to teach and inspire your girls to pursue their dreams and be confident.
about summer of style
This 6-week fashion and beauty class will teach fashion entrepreneurship, confidence + style. Every Thursday from July 12 - August 16, students ages 8-12 and 13-18 will discover what it’s like behind the scenes of retail, fashion styling and fashion show production at Crabtree Valley Mall. Each hour-long class will consist of lessons on how to build a fun and creative fashion business for retail. Students will take what they have learned and showcase their product in The Fashion Fair, a fancy and fun presentation where students will showcase their product to be judged by the Crabtree Valley Mall Management. The winner will be announced at the Pulse FM Back To School Bash Fashion Show on August 16th before the concert.
About Fashion show Finale
The fashion show finale will take place before the Pulse FM Back to School Bash. Students who participated in the Fashion Fair will model their products with clothing from Belk and receive a quick curl with light lip gloss and blush with Carmen, Carmen! The winners of the Fashion Fair will be announced at the end of the show. As participants of Summer of Style, students will be able to meet the special guests performing! Artists from previous years: Megan Trainor, Daya, Jordan Fisher, Nathan Skyes, Bea Miller, Cody Simpson. 2018 Artist TBA.
How to participate in the Pulse FM Back to School Bash:
- Create a product during Summer of Style
- Attend the Fashion Fair with your product
What you will need:
- Your product. Students will style their product with items from Belk for the fashion show.
- Be ready to go… fast! Due to the number of participants, each student is asked to have their hair washed for professional hairstyling (so we can skip a step) and their face prepped for makeup. This helps to speed up fashion show production.
- Shoes and Accessories. Each student will need to wear their own shoes and accessories for the show.
Student may arrive 15 minutes early to class and participate in a fashion starter challenge that may consist of a word search, coloring page or a seek and find activity.
What to bring:
- A fashion friendly attitude. Miss April loves smiles!
- A folder to keep all your handouts
- An item of your choice for the design studio (week 3)
- Your final product for the Fashion Fair (week 5)
Weekly lesson plans
1. CREATE AN INSPIRATION BOARD
2. SKETCH IT!
3. THE DESIGN STUDIO**
4. STYLE IT
5. THE FASHION FAIR
6. BACK TO SCHOOL FASHION SHOW (must attend to be in the show)
We are happy to inform you that there are no costs associated with this class - just a whole lot of fun!
For all class enrollment questions, please contact the Crabtree Valley Marketing Department at email@example.com or call us at 919-787-2506. Our office hours are Monday - Friday 8:30AM - 5:00PM.
Emails will be added to our database. You can unsubscribe at anytime.
Fashion Show details are subject to change.