Posted: February 22, 2018
Sporty Cool: How to Style Athleisure Items
Guest Blogger - April Clark, Fashion Aficionado, Beauty, Lifestyle Blogger
PHOTO CREDIT: LANE BRYANT & LADY FOOTLOCKER
Athleisure is a combination of the two words – athletic and leisure. It is simply means casual clothes, like leggings, hoodies, joggers, crop tops that can be worn for workout at the gym and simultaneously for all activities outside the gym – to your work, for your everyday activities, evening drinks with your bunch of mates, almost everything. Here are a few tips to to make these casual transitional pieces stylish. Here at Crabtree fashion meets sportswear!
Here is a list of athleisure pieces:
- Leggings with cutouts & embellishments
- Mesh bombers
- Sweatshirts with cutouts
- Cropped tops
- Knit jumpsuits
- Slim fit cuffed sweatpants
- Cut out tank tops
- Suede or metallic sneakers
- Burn out layering tops
- Terry skirt
- Moto jacket
- Tunic tee
- Baseball cap
- Wool overcoat
- Puffer Vest
- Slip on sneakers
- Denim Jacket
Here are a few tips to styling your athleisure pieces:
- To come across like you didn’t step out of the gym be sure to do half athletic and half dressy casual complete the look with a leather moto jacket.
- Dress normally and add two athleisure pieces. It’s a nice way to balance your look for a weekend errand outfit without trying too hard to make it happen.
- Add a good quality completer piece. Tie your look together with great outerwear. If you wear two or more athletic pieces add a dressier outerwear item like an overcoat. If you wear less than three athletic pieces try a more casual jacket like denim.
- To avoid looking sloppy or unplanned add high-end pieces to elevate your look. Add good quality handbags, shoes and sunglasses to make your comfy athletic look dressier.
- Go Monochromatic. A head to toe color in athleisure pieces is another approach to dressing up such a casual outfit. One color takes the guess work out of putting together a great look!
SHOP IT AT LANE BRYANT
New Year. New LIVI Active Collection.
Lane Bryant will introduce the NEW LIVI Active Sculpting Collection as part of our newest LIVI Active collection, hitting stores just in time for the New Year. The sculpting technology will blow. your. mind. Hello, boosted booty, chiseled legs and contoured curves. The LIVI Active Sculpting Collection offers leggings, and a yoga pant and bra that pair perfectly with our already-awesome LIVI Active tops and jackets.
Celebrate 2018, and get the scoop on our NEW LIVI Active Sculpting Collection at The LIVI New Year Event on Saturday, January 6. LIVI Active will offer special savings all day long, as well as exclusive prize drawings from 2:30-4PM local time. Clients can also score a FREE LIVI Water Bottle, with a qualifying $60 LIVI Active purchase (while supplies last).
Other retail stores to shop the trend:
- Lady Footlocker
- Banana Republic
- Old Navy
- H & M
- J. Crew
- The North Face
- Rack Room