Posted: January 4, 2018
SNOW DAY ACTIVITIES FOR THE KIDS
Guest Blogger - April Clark, Fashion Aficionado, Beauty, Lifestyle Blogger
Snow days are here! Here are a few indoor projects and ideas to keep the kids occupied and creative! Shop Crabtree retailers for snow day fun activities!
- COLOR THE SNOW. Grab a bucket of freshly fallen snow, an empty spray bottle, and food coloring. Add two-parts water to two-parts food color and color the snow! This activity can be done indoors or outdoors.
- BUILD SOMETHING FROM LEGO! The Lego store has lots of building projects to keep the kids occupied for hours of fun!
- MAKE GLITTER SLIME.
The first step is to make these solutions.
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon borax in 1/2 cup warm water. It's okay if the borax doesn't completely dissolve. You only need the liquid part, not any solid that stays at the bottom of the cup.
- In a separate container, mix 1/2 cup glue (4-oz bottle of glue) and 1 cup of water. If you don't like the color of the slime, you can add a few drops of food coloring to the mixture.
- When you are ready to make glitter slime, simply dump the two mixtures into a bowl. Use your hands to mix the slime (that's part of the fun). If you have any leftover liquid after the slime polymerizes, you can discard it. When you are finished playing with the glitter slime, you can store it in a sealed plastic bag. The borax is a natural disinfectant, but the slime will keep fresh even longer if you refrigerate it. Clean-up is easy using warm water.
- MAKE A STAINED-GLASS VASE.
• Food Coloring
• Mod Podge
Step One: Mix Colors
To create the ‘paint’ for your glassware you will need to combine food coloring and Mod Podge. Use a glass or disposable container to mix together a tablespoon of Mod Podge with drops of food color to create your desired ‘paint’. You can use the suggested color combinations on the back of your food color box or create your own.
Step Two: Paint, Paint, Paint
The next step is to paint your pretty heart out!
- DECORATE THE WINDOWS WITH Q-TIP SNOWFLAKES. All you need is thread and Q-tips. Tie Q-tips together with tread to make the shape of a snowflake
- PLAY NAME THAT TUNE. Hum your favorite tune and see who can guess it first! Simple and fun. See if you have the skills to hum a win!
- MAKE SNOWMAN COOKIES WITH NUTTER BUTTER COOKIES. Simple indoor recipe. Melt white chocolate, dip Nutter Butter Cookies and let cool and decorate your snowman with royal icing!
- RE-INACT A SCENE FROM YOUR FAVORITE BOOK. It's fun to get dressed up and put on a play. Select your favorite book and recreate it! Use your imagination.
- HAVE A DANCE CONTEST.
- HAVE A DISNEY THEMED PLAYDATE.
Shop these retailers for snowday fun activities:
- Lego Store
- The Disney Store
- Barnes and Noble
- American Girl
- Best Buy
- Build A Bear Workshop
- Think Geek
- Go! Games and Toys
- RC Toys