Posted: October 16, 2017
HALLOWEEN COSTUME & PARTY IDEAS
Guest Blogger - April Clark, Fashion Aficionado, Beauty, Lifestyle Blogger
Photo credit: costumes from HALLOWEEN ALLEY
Get your children ready for the Halloween season with some of their favorite fictional characters from Disney, Harry Potter or Star Wars. Crabtree Valley Mall is your source for all things Halloween! Shop Halloween Alley, The Disney Store, Spencer’s Gifts and many other retailers to get your little one ready for an exciting day. Here are a few at-home party and costume ideas then come to Crabtree Halloween night and trick-or-treat with us!
GIRL COSTUME IDEAS
- Mal Costume - Descendants 2
- Monster High Cleo De Nile Costume (seen above)
- JoJo Siwa Costume – Nickelodeon
- Ladybug Costume - Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir
- Tween Sarah Sanderson Costume - Hocus Pocus
- Poppy Costume – Trolls
- Wonder Woman Costume - DC Comics
- Eleven Dress Costume - Stranger Things
- Winifred Sanderson Costume - Hocus Pocus
- Belle Costume - Beauty and the Beast Movie
BOYS COSTUME IDEAS
- Warrior Ninja (seen above)
- Heroic Knight (seen above)
- Captain Phasma Costume - Star Wars
- Superman Costume - DC Comics
- Gene Emoji Costume - The Emoji Movie
- Dustin Henderson T Shirt - Stranger Things
- Stormtrooper Costume - Star Wars: Episode 8
- Red Ranger Costume - Power Rangers
- Tactical Batman Costume - DC Comics
- Kai Costume - LEGO Ninjago Movie
Easy Halloween Dessert with Williams-Sonoma
Spooky Halloween treats are at the center of every Halloween party. But they don’t have to be loaded with scary ingredients! This Halloween party treat is low on sugar and big on fun. Bonus: this sweet treat is easy to cook with your kids.
No-bake, nut-free Halloween spider cookies. Photo credit: Jennifer Tyler Lee
Prep time: 5 minutes
Wait time: 10 minutes
Makes about 24 cookies
Ingredients for Spooky Spiders:
1 cup rolled oats (not the quick cook kind)
½ cup all-purpose whole wheat flour
½ cup sunflower butter
½ cup honey
½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
48 mini round pretzels
48 dark chocolate chips
Directions for Spooky Spiders:
1. In the large bowl of a food processor, pulse the oats until fine, about 2 minutes.
2. Add the flour, sunflower butter, and honey to the oats. Pulse again in the food processor until the mixture comes together into a large ball, about 2 minutes more.
3. Using a tablespoon, place a small amount of dough in your hands and roll it into a ball the size of a large marble. Roll each cookie in the shredded coconut.
Tip: Before decorating your spiders, it’s helpful to let the cookies chill in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
4. Break the pretzels into small pieces to create the spiders’ legs. Press six small pieces of pretzel into the sides of the cookie, leaving enough space in the front for the eyes.
5. Add two dark chocolate chips to create the eyes.
6. Refrigerate the cookies for 10 minutes before serving. Store in the refrigerator or freezer for up to a week.
No-Mess Halloween Craft
Washi Tape Pumpkin. Photo credit: Jennifer Tyler Lee
A Halloween party wouldn’t be complete without a fun (and no-mess!) Try no-carve washi tape pumpkins. You only need two supplies for this project: mini pumpkins and a colorful selection of washi tape. Choose orange, black, gold, and silver patterned tape to set the mood. Let kids get creative with how they decorate their pumpkins, then add them to your table for everyone to enjoy.
Reprinted from THE 52 NEW FOODS CHALLENGE: A Family Cooking Adventure for Each Week of the Year, with 150 recipes. Reprinted by arrangement with Avery, an imprint of Penguin Publishing Group, a division of Penguin Random House LLC. Copyright © 2014 by Jennifer Tyler Lee.