Retail Store Lead - Raleigh, NC
Raleigh, NC, USA
PLEASE NOTE: This position has an estimated start date of 12/1/18
We're opening new stores across the country! As a Store Leader (General Manager), you will set the tone for our customers to have a truly unique and stress-free shopping experience that is tailored to meet their specific needs. We don’t work on commission. We never force a sale. The retail team is the physical embodiment of our brand and our values, and our guides exist to build relationships with our customers with the same honesty, fairness, and transparency that are core pillars to our business.
In this role, you’ll lead your team in bringing extensive product and brand knowledge to pair with exceptional people skills, and provide our customers with an experience they’ve never had before at a mattress store. We’ve created a culture that fosters and encourages the unconventional, the unexpected. We’ve made a promise to ourselves and to our customers to remain true to our values in all aspects of our business. We want our retail experience to follow suit, and you get to be a part of that delivery.
As the Raleigh Store Leader (General Manager), you’ll play a pivotal role in opening the new store and hiring the new team. Once the store is open, your main focus will be on building a strong team and ensuring that your team members are growing and developing in each of his/her roles. In addition to people-related responsibilities, you’ll manage store operations, inventory and team-related events.
What You'll Do
- Hire, mentor, train, and develop the team members who work out of the retail store/office
- Determine the schedule and staffing needs of our store
- Manage P&L and store performance
- Manage retail issues related to the store and lease
- Develop new programs for the local city such as new delivery services and community events
- Partner closely with HQ to ensure the experience and culture of the team aligns with that of the overall company
- Work closely with the engineering team and our suppliers when relevant issues arise to diagnose and find solutions to major problems
- Develop new customer experience programs that set Tuft & Needle apart (e.g. reaching out to new customers, following up with influencers, etc.)
- Weekend availability (both Saturday and Sunday) required for this position.
Qualifications We're Looking For
- Minimum 2 years experience in leadership roles with direct management responsibilities for teams of 5 or more
- Retail store experience a plus (either working in a retail store or managing one)
- A strong passion for providing a revolutionary experience to our customers in stores and online
- Flexibility to travel periodically throughout the year to company events, HQ, etc.
- Ability to work independently
- Passionate about learning and development, no-task-too-small approach
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
The following physical requirements must be met with, or without, a reasonable accommodation:
- Able to change bedding on mattresses up to several times per day
- Able to change out mattress and furniture displays weighing up to 50lbs
- Use point of sale equipment to place orders (iPads/computers)
- Unpack palleted shipments of inventory and organize them with items weighing up to 50lbs
- Lift up to 50 pounds (mattresses).
- Be able to stand, bend, kneel, stoop and reach for up to 5 or more hours.
Time & Benefits
- Full time, 40 hours a week
- Free mattress and select products (and discounts for friends and family)
- Health benefits for employee and eligible dependents
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- 401k with company match
- Generous vacation and sick leave policy
- Casual dress code