Marketing and Events Coordinator
This position serves as the primary event manager on the marketing team, preparing action plans and implementing strategies that attract visitors to the mall and extend their length of stay using programming both inside and outside the mall. This person also assists with other aspects of mall marketing efforts as needed.
This position will be responsible for:
- Serving as the primary point of contact to coordinate marketing/community/tenant events in the mall, including but not limited to recruiting, assessing the suitability of events, preparing, obtaining and maintaining event contracts and insurance certificates in advance of all events, and working with mall personnel and divisions to make sure all necessary event operations and security measures are implemented.
- Working with the marketing staff to design, maintain and utilize effective promotional materials and campaigns to communicate the events, activities and attractions hosted throughout the year at Crabtree Valley Mall. Includes assisting with uploading content to the mall website and implementing social media and digital strategies to increase mall visitors.
- Securing the participation of retailers for the mall’s annual career fair(s) and effectively communicating and coordinating operational details to the participating vendors.
- Scheduling and planning tenant meetings and compiling content for the distribution of regular communications to tenants through the mall's online web portal and newsletters.
- Representing the marketing office at events, both on and off property, as needed and maintaining proper staffing for mall events.
- Maintaining schedules for internal use and implementation of events, including the mall’s Community Room rental program.
- Performing other marketing support duties as assigned by the Corporate Marketing Director.
- Associate's or Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Previous experience with event planning/operations, sales and marketing and/or a retail environment is beneficial.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office is preferred. Basic knowledge of Photoshop, Drupal or WordPress are beneficial, but not required.
- Must be articulate, outgoing, professional, and courteous throughout all means of communications.
- Successful candidate should be able to work a flexible schedule including weekdays, weeknights, weekends, and holidays as needed and be capable of performing physical tasks that may involve lifting and moving materials.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Associate (Required)
- Raleigh, NC (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required