Posting Title: Retail Store Lead (Short-Term)
Requisition Number: 171232
Location: AG Raleigh City Store
Zip Code: 27612
Job Category: Retail Sales/Merchandising
At American Girl, our vision is Inspiring the Wonder of Childhood. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees who DARE to be innovative, and THRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment. American Girl is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping them GROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture of BALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employees LEAD by example in all that they do!
American Girl, a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel, is opening soon at the Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh. We are currently seeking Retail Sales Leads (Temporary Assignment) to thrive in a friendly and fast-paced environment. This position will be responsible for:
* Demonstrate flexibility to adapt quickly to the pace of business and a high level of customer service skills as a member of the AG management team.
* Ensures there is a high level of customer service from the team to provide a positive atmosphere and customer experience. Will lead by example to ensure the customer is treated as the number one priority.
* Proactively leads the team to understand and meet or exceed sales goals while providing assistance to the team in reaching goals. Role models selling skills and optimizing selling opportunities.
* Provides consistent leadership in executing supervisory duties and demonstrating the principles of MAGIC and the Guiding Truths through leading by example.
* Has the ability to promote a team environment by listening to and guiding store associates.
* Demonstrates leadership skills by ensuring proper floor coverage actively coach and motivate staff to standards.
* Assist in monitoring and analyzing business and stock levels to in order to maximize all sales opportunities.
* Confidently initiates solutions to professionally resolve customer issues.
* Understands and adheres to company, store, and department policies and procedures, including POS policies and guidelines.
Experience, Education & Skills Requirements:
* Minimum 2 years work experience in the retail sales or service industry. High School diploma required and some college is preferred.
* Possess a strong background in customer service with preferably lead or supervisory experience.
* Must be willing to work a flexible retail schedule; including nights, weekends and holidays.
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are essential. Ideal candidates should have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook software programs.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Headquartered in Middleton, WI, American Girl offers an inspiring world of dolls, experiences, and entertainment to empower and unite girls of all ages. Best-selling lines include Truly Me™, Girl of the Year™, Bitty Baby™, WellieWishers™, and the classic historical character line BeForever™. American Girl’s mission is to help build girls of strong character—a goal that has already earned the loyalty of millions and the praise and trust of their parents and educators. The company sells products through its award-winning catalogue, on americangirl.com, and in its experiential retail stores nationwide. Select American Girl product is also sold via Toys“R”Us. Outside of the U.S, American Girl products are sold at specialty boutiques with Indigo™ and Chapters™ in Canada and with El Palacio de Hierro in Mexico City. To learn more about American Girl or request a free catalogue, call 1-800-845-0005 or visit www.americangirl.com, www.facebook.com/americangirl, www.facebook.com/americangirlcareers or www.twitter.com/american_girl
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please visit www.AmericanGirl.com. Click on Careers, Click on Job Search, and Search by the US Location of Raleigh, NC.